Colorado Photo Tour
Beel Photography Instructional Photo Tours of Colorado
Now Booking the Session 3 Tour
Session 3 - a fun, hands-on-camera, one-day class at the beautiful Taylor-Oswald Ranch, located 4.5-miles south of Cotopaxi, Colorado. Besides the information-packed learning atmosphere, also included will be a mid-morning snack, a delicious farm-to-table lunch with Oswaldgrassfedbeef.com ® beef or vegetarian options, a complimentary glass of wine, and a lens care kit all for only $149.95.
Session 3: Sunday, September 22, 2019 - Taylor-Oswald Ranch in Cotopaxi, Colorado - Registration Deadline September 8.*
* To preserve the beauty of this 2,700 plus acre working ranch, smoking will not be permitted on this tour. This ranch has a variety of wildlife and domestic animals which we will come in contact with and photograph!
Schedule for the Day - Approximately
8:30 a.m.. - We will meet in the parking lot of the Cotopaxi Store, and then caravan out to Taylor-Oswald Ranch which is 4.5 miles south of Cotopaxi.
9:30 a.m.. - After a meet-up and short talk about the safety guidelines, we will start into the topics of the day.
11:00 a.m. - Mid-morning break with snacks and cold water, then more photography topics will be discussed.
1:00 p.m.. - We will gather for the delicious farm-to-table lunch, complimentary glass of wine, all while enjoying this mountain setting with an almost 360° views of several mountain ranges.
2:00 p.m.. - After lunch we will continue photographing around the ranch, the mountains, the buildings, and possibly the wildlife and animals on the ranch.
4:00 p.m.. - Wrap up session will include "Tips and Tricks" for both digital cameras and cell phone images. We will have coffee and cake, just before everyone heads home, and answer questions.
Topics to be covered:
- Digital Camera Care and Handling
- Tripod Set-up and Use
- Focusing, Adjusting for Light and Shadows
- Manual Camera Settings to include Shutter Speed and Aperture
- Selecting the most useful Image Size and Image Resolution
- Training your Photographic Eye
Equipment list for students:
- Digital Camera
- Extra Memory Cards
- Personal Care Items such as: Sturdy footwear, water, and individual sun protection, such as hat and skin protection
- Students are responsible for their own transportation, and will be required to sign a waiver at the beginning of the day
- Proper I.D. required for complimentary glass of wine
- Small notebook and pencil
Marianne Beel has been a professional photographer for 30 plus years, also teaching Basic Photography and Advanced Digital Photography classes at the college level for 12 years.
Click here to register and pay for your tour. Once you fill out the form and submit it you will be taken to PayPal to pay for the course. No PayPal account required. Pay with PayPal or credit/debit card. Student cancellations are only available up to 10 days before the class and tour.